Saturday, April 11, 2009

Lately...

Oh dear this blog has been neglected for quite awhile now! The past few months have been a whirlwind; I returned to school for a second Bachelors degree in nursing, made plans to go to Spain this summer, and have an art show going on right now at FB3 Gallery. It began on March 6 and will run until April 30; here’s some more info on the closing reception, if you're interested:

“A Bone Fractured Fairytale: My Year Lost in Cancer Land,” will have a closing reception open to the public on Saturday, April 25, 2009 at FB3 Art Gallery from 3PM-5PM. It documents the experiences of 23 year-old Jennifer Brunner during her treatment for bone cancer at Kosair Children’s Hospital through documentary photography, artwork, and essays. The art exhibit will also be shown from 8AM-5PM Monday-Friday at FB3 Art Gallery until April 30, 2009. Due to mature subject matter, this show is not recommended for those under the age of 13.

1 comment:

Luke said...

I returned to school for a second Bachelors degree in nursing after doing the cancer thing. The Army didn't want me anymore after cancer and no one was hiring a BS microbiology degree so I went back to school. I had stayed at the Durham RMH during treatment even though I was 21 at diagnosis and 22 at relapse. So after that I went into peds onc.

It's been incredibly rewarding but I burned out over the years.

You'll be a swell nurse just remember to take care of yourself.

Congrats on the Art show.

Best wishes

Always